TRIPS, RESIDENTIALS & VISITORS
At Childer Thornton we believe that education is about developing every aspect of the child. This is why we take children from Year 2 to Year 6 away on school residential visits.
We use Cheshire Outdoor Education Centres and visit the following places: Delamere, Beeston, Tattenhall, Burwardsley, Anglesey. The children and staff have a fantastic time.
This is what a selection of year 6 pupils think:
“It is like having a giant sleepover”
“It is school but without any work”
“You get to go away with your classmates and really get to know your friends”
“Have a go at things that you would never normally do”
“You face your fears with your friends”
“You learn new things and are really challenged”
“I have great memories of all the residentials I have been on!”
“You get to say I did it!”
- Y2 spend 2 days and 1 night at the Delamere Outdoor Education Centre in the centre of Delamere Forest. They take part in a habitat walk, den-building, pond-dipping, build a camp- fire to toast marshmallows and sing songs around and sleep through the night without a peep!
- Y3 spend 2 days and 1 night at the Burwardsley Outdoor Education Centre where they visit the Iron Age fort and take part in an archaeological dig.
- Y4 spend 2 days and 1 night at the Tattenhall Outdoor Education Centre where they learn all about the Iron Man.
- Y5 spend 4 days and 3 nights at the Conway Outdoor Centre on Anglesey where they take part in AEMS (Arts Education in a Multicultural Society) and carry out African drumming, Indian dancing, Romany storytelling, African Art and lots more
- Y6 visit a specialist outdoor residential centre and take part in outdoor pursuits such as canoeing, raft-building, sailing, abseiling, wall-climbing and lots of exciting team-building activities